It is time to Vote!
It is time for each of us to exercise our right to VOTE! And then to ensure that each of our family and friends Vote!
We all own this.
COAL Board of Directors
Let’s Get to Work.
What Matters Most to You? Tell Somebody!
People will tell you that voting does not matter. They will say that it is a waste of time. It is not! When you vote, you are telling the world what matters to you.
Voting is your voice!
We are living in challenging times. Hard times that are, in many ways, the result of choices and decisions made by other people. People who you may not know and you may not have voted for, but they shape the things that are happening.African Americans are unemployed and underemployed, overextended and living in and near neighborhoods where violence is normal. Keeping our homes is harder. Our Schools haven’t been working for our children in quite a while. Too many of us use emergency rooms as doctors and can’t afford the tests they suggest. We are living on the edge.
What matters to you? Jobs
– then tell the people in charge that you want a job that pays a living wage so that you can take care of yourself and your family.
What matters to you? Safety
– then tell folks how tired you are of the violence in your community, that police must ‘serve and protect’ us, not view us as a community of potential criminals.
What matters to you? A Quality Education
– then let them know that you believe that our children have the right to go to schools that teach them well, that prepare them to compete in the global economy, and they should be able to go to college and not spend their entire lives paying back student loans.
What matters to you? Feeling Healthy
– then tell the candidates that you want a trauma center on the Southside of Chicago, that we need more mental health facilities, not less, that we need good facilities and programs in our parks so that our kids can safely play and exercise.
What matters to you? Creating sustainable wealth in our Communities
– tell all candidates you want increased focus on economic development in our community, achieving parity in City, County and State contacts, and creating an environment for our businesses to grow and prosper.
What matters to you? A Government full of people who serve You
– then make them hear you! When politicians don’t hear our voices, they believe that we don’t matter. We become invisible. When they hear from us (when we make time to vote), we make a difference.
In hard times, it is easy to give up. Easy to stop trying and easy to stop caring. But it is in the hard times, that it is even more important that we keep trying. Keep trying to make a difference.