Marion Batey, Business Relations Specialist – Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership, first joined the Preckwinkle administration in 2009, as Deputy Finance Director. She held that position until 2012 to take on her current role. In this role, MS. Batey serves as primary coordinator of employer/business services, responsible for the development and coordination of job placement initiatives. Ms. Batey is also President and CEO of A+ Marketing Research, which she founded in 1995. Ms. Batey is Chair – IVI-IPO South Chapter.
Summary of Experience
- Over 20 years marketing and research analysis with consistently increasing
responsibilities in consumer needs analysis, presentation,
program development and implementation.
- National Advertising Management skills, including forecasting,
budgeting and managing staff.
- Assist and train staff in cultural diversity for qualitative and
quantitative market research.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Achieved bottom-line results in every position held; initiative,
motivation, follow through; attention to detail; foster productive
working relationships; analytical and creative skills in solving problems
and achieving organizational goals.
- Proven ability to increase and develop “people of color” databank.
- Proven ability to increase and develop partnerships with Fortune 500
- Raised OVER three million dollars ($3,000,000) for Preckwinkle’s
successful bid for Cook County Board President.
- Planning and Implementation team for the inauguration, swearing in
and reception of Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle.
- Number “1” securing new membership for DuSable Museum of
African American History.
- Number “1” securing new membership for IVI-IPO
Awards & Recognition
- What’s Black About It, Author: Pepper Miller
- Yesterday’s Daughter, Today’s Black Woman – A+ Marketing Research
- Audience Development, Know Your Heritage, Central City Productions
Certificates & Membership
- DuSable Museum
- Chicago Urban League
(IVI-IPO SOUTH CHAPTER)
IVI–IPO is a not-for-profit, multi-partisan, independent political organization. Our endorsements reach hundreds of thousands of voters throughout Illinois. Our members work on campaign finance and ethics reform. We are dedicated to good government, activism and an idealistic vision of open honest government. IVI-IPO’s mission is to register voters, voter information and candidate endorsement. Marion Batey, South Chapter Chair, engages with aldermanic wards 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 15, 16,17,and 20 to increase membership, educate and enforce the power of the member vote.