Rendel Solomon is a Principal with Muller & Monroe Asset Management (M2), a Chicago-based private equity firm that has advised on over $1 billion of assets since inception. Prior to joining M² in 2008, Rendel worked as an entrepreneur in the media and entertainment industry in New York and as an engineer at P&G in Cincinnati. Rendel obtained his BS in Electrical Engineering from Tulane University and his MBA from Columbia Business School.
In June 2016, Rendel founded the non-profit One Stock One Future NFP (OSOF) to turn one million youth into public company shareholders. OSOF uses workshops to expose young people to stocks and ownership, then, with generously donated funds, Rendel purchases gift certificates for public company stocks so that each student can open their first investment account. The goal is to give each student a sense of Hope, Inspiration, Empowerment, and Opportunity via stock ownership.
In July 2017, Rendel created League of Superwomen, a networking and panel series designed to showcase women entrepreneurs and to engage in a powerful discussion about entrepreneurship. These Superwomen share their motivation, along with practical feedback, guidance, and advice for current and aspiring entrepreneurs. They also discuss how to address various entrepreneurial challenges including fear, risk, business planning, access to capital, sales, operations, customer acquisition, human resources, marketing, and succession planning.
Leadership & Board Involvement:
- January 2017 to Present: Economic Empowerment Committee for 100 Black Men of Chicago
- August 2016 to Present: Board of Directors for the National Association of Securities Professionals
- August 2014 to Present: Board of Trustees for The Latin School of Chicago
- New Leaders Council Chicago Fellow 2016
- June 2011 to June 2014: President of the Associate Board for LINK Unlimited Scholars
Awards & Recognition:
- December 2017: Ebony Magazine, Power 100 People’s Choice Award
- June 2017: The Network Journal, 40 Under 40 Award
- May 2017: The Chicago Urban League, SUMMIT Award Luncheon Innovator
- February 2017: Chicago Defender newspaper, Men of Excellence Award
- July 2016: Chicago Community Trust, Acting Up Award recipient
- October 2014: National Association of Investment Companies, Rising Star Private Equity
|Email:||[email protected]||[email protected]|